Frequently Asked Questions
Many question can arise when you are booking ski lessons or ski related services. Things like what lift passes you require, where should you meet the instructor, what you should wear or what gear you need to take with you?
Here you can find a list of the most common questions we get asked.
If you have got any other questions not listed, then do get in touch with us. We’ll be happy to help you!
Booking ski and snowboard lessons FAQs
DO THE LESSONS INCLUDE A LIFT PASS?
Lift passes are not included in our prices, and are obligatory.
Please ensure to purchase your lift pass prior to the lesson to make sure you don’t waste any time during your lesson.
WHAT LIFT PASS WILL I NEED FOR THE LESSONS?
Depending on which resort you’re booking the lessons for and what level of ski you have, the requirements will vary.
Check out the instructions in the Resort guide or get in touch with us for more info.
CAN I CANCEL MY BOOKING?
In the event of a cancellation, the following charges apply:
- Less than 24 hours notice, 100% of the fee.
- Less than 48 hours notice, 50% of the fee.
- More than 48 hours notice but less than 7 days, 10% of the fee.
- More than 7 days cancellation free
- Less than 48 hours notice, 100% of the fee.
- More than 48 hours notice but less than 7 days, 25% of the fee.
- More than 7 days cancellation free
Check high and low season dates on our pricing page.
Children’s Lessons FAQs
WHAT IS THE YOUNGEST AGE FOR SKI LESSONS?
Four years old is the youngest age for private lessons for both skiing and snowboarding.
WHAT DO THE CHILDREN NEED TO BRING TO THE LESSON?
All children taking lessons with Dropin-snow must be suitably dressed.
- Compulsory the use of helmets for all children.
- Strongly recommend the use of sunglasses or goggles, even on cloudy days the glare from the snow can affect the eyes.
- Dressing them with a few layers of clothing is strongly advised. Layers can be added or removed according to weather and temperature, as this can change during the day. Also, kids tend to get cold faster than adults.
- High-factor suncream on any exposed skin.
- Make sure they have their lift pass on them, the best idea is to place it inside a zipped left-hand pocket.
- Young kids can get tired and cold in lessons longer than two hours, so is a good idea to give them a snack and some money for a hot chocolate as they will usually stop for a short break.
WHEN KIDS NEED TO BRING POLES?
Poles normally come free with ski rental, so take them even if they don’t use them yet. For kids under 6 years of age, we recommend not to bring them yet, except if they already use them and are comfortable with them. During the course, your child’s instructor will be able to tell you if and when they might use them.
WILL MY KIDS STOP FOR A BREAK?
For children’s ski lessons 3 hours long, they will usually stop for a short break halfway through. We suggest giving your child some snacks and money to get a hot chocolate.
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY CHILD FEELS UNWELL DURING THE LESSON?
The instructor will ask for your mobile phone number prior to the lesson, is important that you carry your phone on you so the instructor can reach you in case your child feels sick, and arrange for you to collect them.
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY CHILD FEELS COLD OR TIRED DURING THE LESSON?
During children’s ski lessons longer than 2 hours we always stop for a short break, as kids can get tired or cold easily. This factor is always taken into account when planning children’s lessons.
Need help with your booking?
Give us a call, via Phone, Whatsapp or E-mail
+41 76 274 32 28
Lines open: Monday – Friday 9:00 – 17:00
** Lunch cost not included